Liebster Award


I am thrilled and honored to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! A special THANK YOU goes out to Sofia from Take a Walk on the Write Side for nominating me. 

The Liebster Award's purpose is to get recognition to blogs with less than 200 followers. There are some rules:

1) Thank and link back the person who nominated you
2) List eleven facts about yourself
3) Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4) Nominate 9 bloggers, who have less than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blog that nominated you)
5) Ask them eleven questions
6) Let them know of their nomination!
  
Eleven Facts About Me:
1) I am the oldest of three girls and fit the oldest child stereotype quite well.

2) My first memory of being lost in a book was in elementary school while reading The Giver.

3) I am a high school math teacher and it usually surprises people that I love to read.

4) I am obsessed with my dog and treat him like he is my child (seriously, look how cute he is!)

5) My all time favorite book is Ender's Game (and it's the only high school summer reading assignment I actually finished)

6) My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz.

7) I am a firm believer in "the book is always better than the movie" so if I've read the book, I usually critique/complain the whole time I watch the movie. The one exception to this is The Wizard of Oz, for some reason I could not force myself to finish that book and I really LOVE the movie.

8) I love boy bands! One of the best concerts I've ever been to was the Backstreet Boys.

9) My guilty pleasure is MTV's reality TV shows.

10) I LOVE Harry Potter so much that my mother has replaced several of my HP books because of their overuse.

11) I enjoy dancing and took lessons for most of my life. This year I re-enrolled in a lyrical class.

Sofia's Questions: 
1) What's better: ebook or physical copy?
ebook - no more wrist cramps from holding heavy books, no more finger cramps from holding pages open, AND as soon as you finish a book, you can instantly start another one.

2) What book made you fall in love with reading?
This is a tough one, it was either The Giver or Number the Stars both by Lois Lowry, they are the first books that I remember being significant to me.

3) What's your favorite book couple?
Celaena and Choal from Throne of Glass.

4) Do you have any authors whose books you'll read no matter what the premise is?
Not yet... 

5) What's your favorite genre?
Fantasy!

6) On what basis do you choose which books to read (do you just read the blurb or do you also read the first chapter? Do you read reviews of it before buying, etc.)?
The blurb is my starting point, if it sounds great then I'm in, but if it only sounds OK I'll read some reviews, I usually read a few reviews with different ratings to see if it's for me.

7) What's your favorite season and what do you like about it?
Summer! I love the sun and the beach, plus I'm a teacher so that's my time to recharge for the next school year.

8) Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures (books you know are bad but can't help but love, clichéd tropes that you still like, etc.)?
I love the Sookie Stackhouse series, I know that once True Blood took off that the series started to go downhill but I just couldn't let it go and I kept reading until the very last book was published. I will probably reread the series at some point too.

9) If you could travel back in time to any historical period, which would it be?
The Salem Witch Trials, for some reason I find that whole thing to be very intriguing. 

10) If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?
Omnilingualism - the ability to understand any language.

11) Is there a book that you keep meaning to read but that you never get around to?

My Questions:
1) If you could meet one book character who would it be and why?
2) How did you pick you blog's name?
3) What is your favorite social media website?
4) What is the first book that you remember reading?
5) Who is your favorite villain?
6) What language(s) do you speak? 
7) What language(s) do you wish you could speak?
8) How long have you been blogging for?
9) How do you decide what to read next?
10) If you could only recommend one book to people for the rest of your life, which book would it be?
11) If you were an animal, what would you be?

My Nominations: 
Monique at Mo Books
Ashly at Book n' Go
Crystal at Elysian Fields


5 comments:

  1. I need to get around to reading the Lunar Chronicles, too. And I haven't read the Giver yet, but I definitely should get around to reading it. Great post, I'm really glad I nominated you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I get caught up with the books I've accepted for review I am going to the library to get the Lunar Chronicles. I'd highly recommend The Giver, it's written for the lower grades but still a great story.

      Thanks again for nominating me!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination (again)! Omnilingualism seems like such a cool superpower, I didn't even think about that! And also I feel that there's a lot of people that haven't read the Lunar Chronicles yet. And the Salem Witch Trials is cool, I had to learn a lot about that in school. I was required to read The Sacrifice in middle school because it took place in Andover, and I lived in North Andover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, we spent a ton of time on the Witch Trials in school, it's pretty interesting

      Delete
  3. I love the Giver! Thanks for nominating me, I have done this award before and it is a fun way to learn more about amazing bloggers!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs