The To Be Read Tag

Oh HEY! I've been tagged by Val @ The Innocent Smiley to do the TBR tag! Basically there's a list of questions about my TBR list, and all I have to do is answer them! Oh! And also tag others!

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
umm... I am terrible at this. I use Goodreads sometimes, but let's be real, that list is spiraling out of control. At one point I tried a Google Spreadsheet and I just found that annoying. So, what it has come down to is I don't keep track. If an author/publisher ask me to read their book and I agree it moves up the list and I put a reminder in my phone to start that book next.

Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
ebook, I have an Amazon freebie problem

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
If I have an obligation to someone, that takes priority. The rest of the time it's all about how I feel: am I digging vampires? do I need to shake things up? do I like that cover?

A book that's been in your TBR the longest.
The first book I ever added on my Goodreads TBR was Poison Study on Feb. 25, 2012.
Poison Study (Study, #1)


A book you recently added to your TBR.
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and Indelible by Dawn Metcalf both were added at the Heir of Fire book tour I went to on Saturday.


A book in your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.
The Body Finder
The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)

A book in your TBR that you never plan on reading.
A Tale of Two Cities.... I added it when I was going through a "I should read the classics" kick
A Tale of Two Cities

An unpublished book in your TBR that you're excited for.
Well, it was Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas, I was dying for that book to come out and now that I have it in my hands (with her signature!!) I can't think of anything else at this time... which reminds me: WHY am I blogging when I should be reading that book?!
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)

A book in your TBR that everyone recommends to you.
You know, I haven't gotten any recommendations lately which makes me think my readers are slacking (yes, I am intentionally calling you out and hopeing for recommendations).
I guess the last big book that people were recommending was The Fault in Our Stars, which I dutifully read.
The Fault in Our Stars

Number of books in my TBR.
On Goodreads: 341, but again I know it's WAY more than that


Tags:
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
Monique @ Mo Books
Jazmen @ This Girl Reads a lot!
PrettyLittleWarrior @ Sassy And Dangerous

If I didn't tag you and you want to play go right ahead and be sure to let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Love these tags, they're always a lot of fun to do. Yes, get off of the blog and GO READ HEIR OF FIRE!!! The Body Finder was one I picked up because of the cover, then ended up actually really enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah I can't even imagine using a spreadsheet! That's just so much work. I like how Goodreads is organized, and it's easy to add more titles (a bad thing), and I'm also hoping that that new website, Litrate will be done/backed soon!

    OH I SEE. YOU WANT RECOMMENDATIONS. OK. YOU'RE ASKING FOR IT

    1. Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks

    and and ANDDDD this anthology:

    2.The Machine of Death by Ryan North

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily, thanks for tagging me. I played along here are my answer's http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/09/ive-been-tagged-to-be-read-tag.html
    Oh and I recommend the Shatter Me series. I just finished it and I Loved It!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs