Crown of Midnight - Reread Review


Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)

Author: Sarah J Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
Source: Purchased

Amazon | B&N | Book Depository
Summary from Goodreads:"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.
Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.
Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.







For the second time, this book left me speechless. Celaena as the King's Champion is intense. While she is still true to herself, you can tell that she has built this wall in order to cope with her current job. She is so human to me. Celaena's relationships with Dorian, Chaol, and Nehemia change, develop, and grow. Since, I had already read this book and Heir of Fire, I knew the direction that these relationships were heading, however I found so much more depth with them this time around. In terms of character development, I can't believe how much I missed the first time around. I was so head over heels for Chaol that I missed so much that was revealed about who he is deep down. The development with Dorian and Nehemia were much more obvious.

The plot was intense and fast paced. Honestly, I felt like I enjoyed this plot more than that of Throne of Glass. There are SO SO SO many feelings that I have. So much happens in this book that is extremely important. And then the ending, I am so relieved that this time around, I was able to pick up Heir of Fire right away because that ending is like the ultimate cliffhanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs